Citizenship by Investment in Cyprus
Starting from March 19 2014, according to the Cyprus law, the non-Europeans investing in the economy of Cyprus have the opportunity to obtain Cyprus (European) citizenship.
Main Benefits of Obtaining Citizenship in Cyprus through the Citizenship-by-Investment Program
(live, work, and study
anywhere in the EU)
(including Canada, Hong Kong, and Switzerland)
(husband, wife, all financially dependent children up to the age of 28. Parents can be included in the application, provided that they are the owners of residential property in Cyprus value of € 500,000)
Cyprus passport ranked 17th in the world according to the Visa Restrictions Index
Not reported to other countries
EU health care
EU education system
Not a tax resident, unless more than 183 days in a calendar year are spent in Cyprus.
High standard of living
- No criminal record
- Minimum investment – €2 million
- A Permanent Residence Permit will be issued prior to Naturalization.
- Investments to be kept for 3 years
- Contract of Sale proving the direct investments in the real estate and the receipt of payment
- Hold a privately owned permanent residence in Cyprus of a minimum value of €500,000 + applicable VAT. If investment is made in residential property, this requirement is not applicable.
- No requirement to reside in Cyprus
- No donations required
- No exams in history or Greek language
- Wide range of investments – residential or commercial properties, investment funds, shares of companies, government bonds.
Investing in Real Estate Advantages
No inheritance tax
Appreciation over time